[Samba] several offices: home dirs, local resources, ...

cn at brain-biotech.de cn at brain-biotech.de
Tue Nov 22 18:59:10 UTC 2022

Sorry for top posting.

To say it is  try to answer your questions.

Why not to use a dc as file server:

It is slower. Because e. g. All the traffic is signed.
Because every DC uses its own idmap file you have to keep that in sync and use the AD idmap backend. Rid for example does not work I think.
The Fileserver on a DC behaves differently with regards to Administrator mappings.

As for the DNS:

It does work to use another DNS Server. However, this is a lot of manual labor and if it does not work, folks here are likely to say it is your DNS.

As for your roaming profile question:
You can specify a GPO to a site. That should help you if I understood your question right.

Regards

Christian

--
Dr. Christian Naumer
Vice President

BRAIN Biotech AG
Darmstaedter Str. 34-36
64673 Zwingenberg, Germany

T: +49 6251 9331-30
F: +49 6251 9331-11

cn at brain-biotech.com
www.brain-biotech.com

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Zwingenberg | Bergstrasse
Registergericht AG Darmstadt | HRB 24758
Vorstand: Adriaan Moelker (Vorstandsvorsitzender) | Michael Schneiders
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Dr. Georg Kellinghusen