[Samba] R: R: R: R: R: R: R: windows 11 22h2

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Nov 22 13:30:04 UTC 2022

On 22/11/2022 13:16, Corrado Ravinetto wrote:
> Is it possible that DC2 it was an old samba 4.9.14 that i have demoted and reinstalled with samba 4.17.3 and rejoin with same name ???

Anything is possible, did you upgrade the OS as well ?

In your position, I would have done this:

1) Demote the old DC.
2) Check in AD for any any instances of the old DC and remove any found.
3) Format the old DC and install the latest version of the OS that I
wished to use.
4) Set the new computer to have a fixed IP
5) Install the latest version of Samba possible.
6) Join the new computer to the AD domain as a DC (at this point it
    shouldn't matter if it is using an old DC name and/or ipaddress, see
    '2')

By doing the above, you are sure that there is no lingering mention of
the old DC in AD and everything is fresh in the OS.

Rowland