[Samba] accidentally upgraded DC to 4.17.3 ... didn't work

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Tue Nov 22 12:00:29 UTC 2022

> On 22/11/2022 08:43, Stefan G. Weichinger via samba wrote:
>> Am 22.11.22 um 09:33 schrieb Rowland Penny via samba:
>>
>>> To try and sort this out, the lines above what you have posted are
>>> required, you seem to have posted the lower portion of a python
>>> exception.
>>
>> yes, ok. Browsing.
>>
>> To me it seems that /etc/resolv.conf was overwritten by
>> systemd-resolved. I now edited /etc/systemd/resolved.conf to set the 2
>> DCs as DNSes etc
>
> The best fix for that is to turn off systemd-resolved on a Samba DC and
> then create /etc/resolv.conf as you require it, that way, it cannot get
> changed.

Yes, did so already:

stopped and disabled systemd-resolved

edited /etc/resolv.conf:

nameserver 10.0.0.231 # the 2 DC-IPs in LAN
nameserver 10.0.0.230
search arbeitsgruppe.my.tld

the setting in smb.conf is unchanged and points to the local
firewall/router 10.0.0.254 and one external DNS:

dns forwarder = 10.0.0.254 9.9.9.9

both are reachable by testing via dig