[Samba] Unable to access shares after upgrade to version 4.17.3

Michael Tokarev mjt at tls.msk.ru
Mon Nov 21 18:02:02 UTC 2022

I've just uploaded samba_4.17.3+dfsg-2 package with the fix for this
regression to debian unstable, and built samba_4.17.3+dfsg-2~bpo11-1.
Debian rules don't allow me to upload the bpo11 version right to the
debian-backports, because it should be a backport of version in testing,
but just-uploaded -2 will have to migrate first. That usually takes 2
days, after which I'll upload 4.17.3+dfsg-2~bpo11-1.

I already made this package available in my repository, but this is
only for amd64, which is not affected, so that's of no use.

I can try to build the bpo version for other architectures, but that
will take a while too. At the very least, i386 will be built shortly
too. What else do we need, armel?

It looks like I was a bit too fast with switching bpo to 4.17. My
gut feeling was saying me to wait for a bit longer and stuck with
4.16 for a while.. ;)

I'm sorry for too fast switch.

/mjt