[Samba] Unable to access shares after upgrade to version 4.17.3

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Nov 21 17:17:15 UTC 2022

On 21/11/2022 14:31, Ingo Asche via samba wrote:
> Hi Rowland,
>
> this may be a dumb question, but will this regression fixed in both
> systems? 32bit and 64bit?
>
> I'm asking because I have a complete 64bit system. The problem is only
> showing (at the moment) on shares of my Synology NAS. This device is
> also a 64bit, but - as you may know - Synology uses a Samba of its own,
> based on version 4.10. At least their package shows this version.

I know little about the synology version of Samba, what I do know is
that they take the standard version of Samba and add to and change it.
This is obvious from the smb.conf files from their products that have
been posted to this list, they contain parameters that do not exist in
standard Samba.

As to whether any Samba changes make it into the synology samba, well
your guess is as good as mine, last time I heard the synology samba
version was well behind the official Samba version.

Rowland