[Samba] Unable to access shares after upgrade to version 4.17.3

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Nov 21 12:18:21 UTC 2022

On 21/11/2022 12:06, spindles seven via samba wrote:

> So, I have other domain member file servers running 4.17.3 but these are 64-bit platforms
> and these are working properly, so as above it looks like it affects 32-bit systems only.    So if I want to
> revert to the previous version (4.17.2) on this system am I forced to self-compile as there doesn't seem
> to be any repository supporting this version and armel architecture?
>
> Thanks,
> Roy

The Debian Samba packages seem to be available for armel, see here:

https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=samba

However, they are 4.17.3, so if they are not working for you, then yes,
you will probably have to compile Samba yourself. Your other option is
to wait for 4.17.4 as the regression has been fixed.

Rowland