[Samba] Unable to access shares after upgrade to version 4.17.3

spindles seven spindles7 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 10:09:37 UTC 2022

Michael Tokarev via samba schrieb am 21.11.2022 um 06:31:
>> 21.11.2022 02:24, spindles seven via samba wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have a domain-joined fileserver which was running a self-compiled
>> version 4.17.2.   I updated this to version 4.17.3 when it came out
>> again self-compiled.     When bullseye backports became available for
>> my box s architecture (armel) I decided to use that valuable resource
>> rather than continue to self-compile.  (Many thanks Michael for
>> providing these releases in Backports   much appreciated).   So I
>> uninstalled the self-compiled version, deleted the folder
>> /usr/local/samba and any .tdb files I could find.
>>
>> I installed samba version 4.17.3-debian from backports and re-joined
>> the domain, using the same smb.conf.    However I now can t access
>> the share from any Windows machine   even if I provide valid
>> credentials.   Testing with smbclient produces:
>
> This is a second report about 4.17.3-bpo version of samba in a few
> days after an upload. I wonder if there's an issue with the build
> somehow, - the samba package itself is no different from the one in
> debian testing now, though.
>
> Did you have similar probs with the self-compiled 4.17.3?

Yes, I did, but I though that I had done something wrong, so decided to use your backports
release.

> What's running on the DC?

One is running Version 4.17.3 from your http://www.corpit.ru/mjt/packages/samba/ site.   The other
was running version 4.16.6 (or whatever was in backports before you put 4.17.3 there) but I have since
updated that one as well to 4.17.3 (backports).

>> root at goflex:~# smbclient //goflex/images -U roy Password for
>> [MICROLYNX\roy]:
>> session setup failed: NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE
>
> So it looks like a different issue than reported yesterday, - there,
> smbclient worked fine, it was only windows 10 machines which were
> having issue accessing the shares (see the thread "No longer access to
> shares after upgrade to 4.17.3" from yesterday). But the situation is
> very similar.
>
>> BUT using the IP address of golfex succeeds:
>> root at goflex:~# smbclient //192.168.2.40/images -U roy Password for
>> [MICROLYNX\roy]:
>> Try "help" to get a list of possible commands.
>> smb: \>
>
>> This pointed to a dns issue, so I checked that goflex.microlynx.org
>> has an entry:
>
> It might not be a DNS issue per se (or else you wont be able to
> *connect* in the first place). It smells more about the krb tickets -
> maybe for the machine itself?..
> ..
>
>> The other interesting thing is that I can no longer logon via SSH
>> using my Kerberos ticket from my Windows machine.
>
> That might be worth to debug I think, or try to anyway.
> (Not that I can be of a great help there, - I'm still learning how it
> all works).
>
> /mjt

Thanks Michael.
Roy