[Samba] rfc2307 attributes on a samba ad-dc

Michael Tokarev mjt at tls.msk.ru
Sat Nov 19 09:40:11 UTC 2022

Hi!

How one enables RFC2307 attributes for users on a Samba AD-DC?
All the settings about this which works on a member server,
does not work on an DC:

[global]
         netbios name = SVDCP
         realm = PZ.CORPIT.RU
         workgroup = PZ

         idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes
         winbind nss info = rfc2307
         template homedir = /home/%U
         template shell = /bin/bash
         winbind use default domain = yes

         idmap config pz : unix_primary_group = yes
         idmap config pz : schema_mode = rfc2307
         idmap config pz : range = 1000-4999
         idmap config pz : backend = ad

(these are one of the many parameters I tried, some of them might be
conflicting with each other - I tried different combinations with
similar results).

With this, on the DC, wbinfo -i <user> always shows template homedir,
template shell, and primary group=100.  But on a member server, this
correctly shows homedir, shell and primary group stored in the AD.

Where it gets the gid=100 from, and how to configure it so it will
show the correct info?

Thanks!

/mjt