[Samba] Migrate and Update (Samba 4.1 ADDC to Samba Latest Version on different Server).

Juan Ignacio juan.ignacio.pazos at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 16:21:34 UTC 2022

Thx, Andrew and Rowland seem awesome the new version of samba.
Already installed samba 4.16 from the backports on Debian 11.

I didn't touch anything, only Installed It.Version 4.16.6-Debian

Now is time to migrate from 4.1 to 4.16

The production machine is a Debian 7 with Samba 4.1 working OK.

The new server is a Debian 11 with Samba 4.16.6-Debian, without any setup
or configuration.
root at titan:~# samba -V
Version 4.16.6-Debian
root at titan:~# service samba-ad-dc status
● samba-ad-dc.service
     Loaded: masked (Reason: Unit samba-ad-dc.service is masked.)
     Active: inactive (dead)

Need some tips to start the migration.

For now both servers are in the same network but i can separate them if
necessary.

Thx in advance.