[Samba] R: R: R: R: windows 11 22h2

Corrado Ravinetto corrado.ravinetto at lanificiocerruti.com
Wed Nov 16 16:44:37 UTC 2022

Thanks a lot
Then i'll upgrade asap

-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: samba <samba-bounces at lists.samba.org> Per conto di Rowland Penny via samba
Inviato: mercoledì 16 novembre 2022 17:40
A: samba at lists.samba.org
Cc: Rowland Penny <rpenny at samba.org>
Oggetto: Re: [Samba] R: R: R: windows 11 22h2

On 16/11/2022 16:18, Corrado Ravinetto wrote:

>          > Hopefully, but it will definitely get you a much newer version of Heimdal and the chance to get your problem fixed (if it isn't fixed), you have no   chance of
>          > getting anything fixed on 4.9.x, it is EOL as far as samba is concerned.
>

> Then what we should do ?!?!?

Upgrade!

Your problem sounds like it is the 'Windows feature', where how a date is used has changed, it used to use the year 2038, but now it uses an infinite date, this new 'date' does not work with the older version of Heimdal that came with Samba before 4.16.0 . Samba >= 4.16.0 uses a very recent version of Heimdal that can cope with the infinite date.

I said 'hopefully' because I am not the person sat between your chair and the keyboard and you haven't really given us much to work with, but it does sound like the 'date' problem.

You are currently using an EOL Samba version (from the Samba point of
view) and if your problem isn't the 'date' problem, then you have no chance of getting it fixed. Upgrading Samba is the best thing to do, it should fix your problem, but if it doesn't (and I repeat, it should), you will be running a version of Samba that can be fixed.

Rowland

Corrado Ravinetto
Sistemi informativi
corrado.ravinetto at lanificiocerruti.com <mailto:corrado.ravinetto at lanificiocerruti.com>
T: +39 015 3591283
[Lanificio F.lli CERRUTI]
Lanificio F.lli Cerruti S.p.A.
Via Cernaia 40, 13900 - Biella (BI) Italy
www.lanificiocerruti.com <http://www.lanificiocerruti.com/>

[Twitter] <https://twitter.com/Lan_Cerruti> [Facebook]  <https://www.facebook.com/LanificioCerruti> [Instagram]  <https://www.instagram.com/lanificiocerruti/>

Rispetta l'ambiente, non stampare questa mail se non necessario
Respect the environment, don't print unless necessary

[Unesco]