[Samba] Login From Domain

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Nov 14 17:08:31 UTC 2022

On 14/11/2022 16:58, Rob Campbell via samba wrote:

>> I reinstalled libpam-winbind, then read this email and installed
> libnss-winbind so it doesn't seem that they both get installed when one is
> installed.  At least not for me.

Or anyone else, you must install both.

Does it now work ? if you run 'getent passwd AN_AD_USERNAME' do you get
output ?

>> My apologies for CC.  I automatically reply to all because sometimes when
> I reply, it just goes to the person and not the list.  I'll try to be more
> aware of that.

It is a pain more than anything else. If a post is sent to 'all' or I am
explicitly 'CC'ed, then I do not seem to get a post from the list, I
just get it in my inbox and I have to manually copy it to the 'samba
mailing list' folder I have created, otherwise it breaks the thread.

Rowland