[Samba] Login from any workstation

Zombie Ryushu zombie_ryushu at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 13 08:03:50 UTC 2022

On 11/12/22 22:51, Rob Campbell via samba wrote:
> I'd like to have all users be able to log into any laptop in the house.
> They all have Debian 11 on them and I have joined them all to the domain.
> Now I want all users to authenticate through the dc so I can easily manage
> lockouts.  I also want roaming profiles so when they log on, every laptop
> looks the same.  Is this possible with a samba configuration?

> In all things, Be Intentional.

Yes, that is, but you are going to need to pair Samba with a couple of
other Applications, like NextCloud. Roaming Profiles are for the most
part, a Windows thing. Actual Linux Clients use NextCloud, eGroupware
and other support applications with Samba at the center being a
functional stand-in for OpenLDAP and Heimdal Kerberos.