[Samba] Adding a Samba shared printer fails - Windows 11 22H2

Tim ODriscoll tim.odriscoll at lambrookschool.co.uk
Sat Nov 12 13:19:05 UTC 2022

> Here is a link to information about and a downloadable spreadsheet for "the policy settings for computer and user configurations included in the ADMX files delivered for Windows 11 2022 Update (Version 22H2)."

> In addition to noting where to find the GPOs, the blog post also includes links for similar resources for various versions of Windows 10.

Hi Billy,

Thank you for the links and extra information. I do wonder if Microsoft have a QA dept anymore after reading all the other people that have this problem.

I installed the extra 22H2 ADMX files from the Microsoft site and spent a couple of hours trying to get them to work properly, and failed.
In the end I got another machine and applied the 22H2 update to it and installed GPMC and there were the magic RPC options!

I ran 'gpupdate /force' and rebooted twice and HALLELUJAH the printers are back!

I will wait until the GPO's have deployed to more laptops around site and see if the rpcd_winreg CPU usage goes down too.

Many thanks for pointing me in the right direction,

Tim