[Samba] Auto generated certificates?

Harald Hannelius harald+samba at arcada.fi
Tue Nov 8 08:47:15 UTC 2022

I read that Samba creates self-signed certificates for itself when started
the first time. These have a lifetime of 700 days. Does this mean that Samba
will stop working 700 days after installing it unless I renew these myself
manually?

Are there caveats in using our own self-signed certs with longer lifetimes
or even "real" certificates?

Also, wouldn't it be good if all Samba certificates would have a Alternate
Name of "DOMAIN" so when e.g. ldap-clients connect to the domain-address the
certificate would match?

--

Harald Hannelius | harald.hannelius/a\arcada.fi | +358 50 594 1020