[Samba] 127.0.0.1: invalid IP address??

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri Nov 4 09:57:24 UTC 2022

On 04/11/2022 09:37, Lorenzo Milesi via samba wrote:
>> Are you using kerberos, I ask this because kerberos will not work with
>> IP's, other than that, it sounds like a dns problem.
>
> Yes, using kerberos.

As I said, kerberos will not work with an ipaddress, you must use a
hostname.

> Why a DNS problem if it's not accepting the IP address?

I was thinking that if you were not using kerberos it could be a dns
problem. It still could be dns, it usually is, can you connect via dns ?

>> PS, do you 'CC' me ? If so, please stop.
>
> Apologize, yes I did. I used to remove the direct destination, but then I've let the ML decide!

This reply ended up where it would expect it, in the samba mailing list
box, if you 'CC' me, it goes into the inbox and I have to move it.

Rowland