[Samba] Samaba/Active Directory - Autogenerated self-signed cert

Marco Shmerykowsky PE marco at sce-engineers.com
Thu Nov 3 19:03:53 UTC 2022

Question regarding Samba's autogenerated self-signed cert.

I setup an OpenVPN connection using samba's Active Directory
to authenticate users.  I used the autogenerated self-signed
certificates for that setup.

The self signed cert has expired.  Internally to the office,
Samba appears to work fine.  The VPN no longer connects
due to the apparently expired cert.

What's the best way to update the certs (delete the files
in /car/lib/samba/private/tls & restart samba to
re-auto-generate?  Something else?

Does doing that effect the ability for windows clients
to authenticate on the local network?

Thanks

Marco