[Samba] Louis repo gone?!

ralph strebbing blackbirdralph at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 18:35:06 UTC 2022

On Tue, Nov 1, 2022 at 2:27 PM Marco Gaiarin via samba
<samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:
> There are some alternatives?
Just a heads up, Michael from Debian has recently published a repo for
Ubuntu 20 and 22 containing both Samba 4.16 and 4.17, I'll link
the mail-list below:
https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2022-October/242377.html
I would follow the discussion there for some context, but he's updated
his README on the repo site that should contain the necessary info to
get started, I swapped from Van-Belle's repo to MJT's with no issue
moving from 4.15 to 4.17.

Rowland mentioned something in one of the other threads about what
might be going on with Louis, but overall the general feedback seems
to be the repo not being updated much further. I'm not sure of the
surrounding circumstances, but I do hope he is well.

I hope this helps!

Regards,
Ralph