[Samba] Samba 4.16 and 4.17 ubuntu focal and jammy packages

Michael Tokarev mjt at tls.msk.ru
Tue Nov 1 15:33:51 UTC 2022

25.10.2022 15:45, Michael Tokarev via samba wrote:
> Hi!
>
> So after the todays new releases, I made available ubuntu focal
> and ubuntu jammy builds of the current samba releases.  See
..

A (small?) warning here.

Once again, I've been reminded by the issue with sssd linking with
samba libraries, and certain samba upgrades breaks sssd.

Notable, both of 4.16 and 4.17 samba breaks sssd on both Focal and
Jammy, because samba-libs now ships libndr.so.2 instead of libndr.so.1
which is expected to be found by sssd.

I've added Breaks against older sssd packages to the new samba
packages now, so you at least know about this at install time.
These Breaks aren't yet in the versions found in the repository.

It is more: samba 4.17 contains libndr soname bump again, now
from libndr.so.2 to .3, which breaks even sssd which worked with
4.16.  I fixed it in current Debian version of Samba 4.17
packages (by reverting upstream libndr soname bump for now),
but these package aren't yet available in the repository above.

This is only relevant in case you're using sssd package, notable
sssd-ipa, sssd-ad or sssd-ad-common. If not, there's nothing to
worry about.

Thanks,

/mjt