[Samba] Controlling [homes] path to obey /etc/passwd while using winbind

frank picabia fpicabia at gmail.com
Tue May 24 18:12:10 UTC 2022

Using winbind, security of ADS, I'm finding my path in [homes]
wants to be /home/MYDOMAIN/username
according to what is logged.

When I run 'getent passwd | grep username'
it returns the proper local passwd entry with the local home directory.

In older samba, %H was working for me, but in Debian Bullseye
I'm having difficulty.  Omitting path from homes isn't a solution either.

I really need the home directory from local Linux passwd file
because my home directories are not as simple as /home/%U

Any ideas?