[Samba] Broken Dependencies?

Michael Tokarev mjt at tls.msk.ru
Tue May 24 11:25:15 UTC 2022

17.05.2022 06:54, Andrew Bartlett via samba wrote:
> Honestly, what we need is the backtrace.  For some reason these pakages
> have been built without our backtrace support, so please find and use
> the gdb_backtrace script as a panic action, eg

Hi Andrew!

What do you mean "built without backtrace support"?  How one builds with
or without backtrace support, - I don't know this term.

If you're referring to gcc -g when compiling (debugging info), that is
shipped in separate packages in Debian, samba-dbgsym (and samba-libs-dbgsym
etc), https://wiki.debian.org/HowToGetABacktrace describes how to install
these -dbgsym packages.

Thanks,

/mjt