[Samba] builtin groups are not mapped by winbind

L. van Belle belle at samba.org
Fri May 20 07:53:57 UTC 2022

Good morning people around the world..

@rowland, This script isnt running anymore, can you check/verify it.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/thctlo/samba4/master/samba-check-SePrivile
ges.sh

Can you have a check in it also.
This smells like a bug..

All mentioned groups exists.. in the AD as Builtin\GroupNames and should how
with above script.

net rpc rights list privileges SeBackupPrivilege -UADDOM\\Administrator
-S$(hostname -f)
Enter ADDOM\Administrator's password:
Could not connect to server server.internal.hostname.tld
Connection failed: NT_STATUS_INVALID_TOKEN

If its all good. I get *( tested on a old old samba version 4.6.16.)

SeBackupPrivilege:
  BUILTIN\Administrators

So, I think there is more going on here..

Greetz,

Louis

Unix.