[Samba] Debian Bullseye samba 4.16.1 online (amd64/arm64/armhf/i386)

L. van Belle belle at samba.org
Fri May 13 09:42:07 UTC 2022

Hai Michael,

Some monitoring tools need the option in d/rules --with-profiling-data
https://learn.netdata.cloud/docs/agent/collectors/python.d.plugin/samba/

https://packages.debian.org/bullseye/netdata
I know there are users using my repo specialy for this.

All I added to d/rules here is :
        --with-profiling-data

This one is save to enable.

The other part.  Gnome tracker support
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Spotlight_with_Gnome_Tracker_Backend

in the beginning, when trackers was added, we needed.
        libtracker-sparql-2.0-dev and libtracker-miner-2.0-dev

This is one I discussed with Matteu, and he decided that it was pulling in
to much extra depends.
so it was desiced not to enable it. Meanwhile, I did have people asking for
it.
So, I enabled it some time ago in my repo packages.

I reviewed above wiki page again, and noticed libtracker-miner was dropped.
I do see spotlight enabled, in current builds, only these don't support
Gnome backends.

now, may its time to check what changed in all build depends,
im pretty sure you already reduced these.

to enable this one, just enable : libtracker-sparql-2.0-dev in build
depends.

These 2 changes are for now the only changes I make.

Last on these build depends conflicts..

I use multiple repos to build my packages..
basicly its.
bullseye
Bullseye-backuports
vanBelle Online
vanBelle Internal1-test
vanBelle Internal2-dev

one package (ldb) was builded already and in one of my internal repos.
that one was pulled in from 2-dev repo and builded samba with.
that shouldn't have happened, human error..
It conflicts with the backports version.

The test also pulled it in so I didn't notice it, just I already removed
these
 test-dev packages from my upload tree..
arrh..  So no error on your side.

And cant say it enough...