[Samba] Debian Bullseye samba 4.16.1 online (amd64/arm64/armhf/i386)

spindles seven spindles7 at gmail.com
Thu May 12 16:05:41 UTC 2022

On 12 May 2022 15:20 L. van Belle wrote:
> Hai,
>
> As mentioned and later then normal.. Finaly there..
> Samba 4.16.1 is on my repo for debian Bullseye.
> You have choice these days, since the packages are now up2date

Hi Louis,
Have tried to update one of my servers from samba version 4.14.7 to 4.16.1 using your repo and I get the response that it will remove all the samba modules rather than upgrading them.   Have tried it on two different boxes, both with the same result:

roy at moggy:~$ sudo apt-get dist-upgrade --autoremove
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
Calculating upgrade... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  libnss-winbind libpam-winbind libyaml-0-2 python3-dnspython python3-gpg
  python3-markdown python3-pygments python3-requests-toolbelt python3-samba
  python3-tdb python3-yaml samba samba-common samba-common-bin tdb-tools
  winbind
  linux-image-5.10.0-13-amd64
  linux-image-amd64
1 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 16 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 53.8 MB of archives.
After this operation, 251 MB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] n
Abort.

All I did was to edit the van-belle.list file and run the apt-get update and apt-get dist-upgrade commands.    I suspect a dependency is missing, but what?

Regards,

Roy Eastwood