[Samba] Truncated list of files/folders when using AWS EFS share

Ralph Boehme slow at samba.org
Wed May 11 07:30:26 UTC 2022

On 5/11/22 08:54, Pednekar, Shirish via samba wrote:
> I have Samba Server Version  4.14.5 installed on RHEL8
> (REDHAT_SUPPORT_PRODUCT_VERSION="8.5") Installed on an EC2 instance
> and the mount is an EFS. I can't list all the files/folders browsing
> from the windows client.

does EFS support xattrs? If not, you could try setting "store dos
attributes = no", but I'm not sure if this is going to help.

You may want to closely inspect a Samba log with level 10, comparing
both cases to find out where things go south. The code of the directory
enumeration loop is not that hard to follow, in the logs look out for
lines containing "smbd_dirptr_get_entry".

Hth!
-slow

--
Ralph Boehme, Samba Team                 https://samba.org/