[Samba] Broken Dependencies?

L. van Belle belle at samba.org
Tue May 10 11:35:48 UTC 2022

Hai Dirk,

Can you give me a output of both servers.
dpkg -l | grep -E "samba|winbind|krb5|smbclient "

I think I see where this is coming from, im already adressing this in newer
version.

2:4.15.7+dfsg-0.1buster1
2:4.15.7+dfsg-0.1bullseye1

S is higher that L

Quick fix, remove samba and install it again..
Just don’t use --autoremove --purge options.
All data and configs  will stay as is..

The new format will be  for the 4.16 line.

samba_4.16.1+dfsg-3nmu1~deb10+1	< not sure if i will build these.
Reason for that is, there are things enabled that are not supported on
buster.

samba_4.16.1+dfsg-3nmu1~deb11+1
samba_4.16.1+dfsg-3ubuntu0~20.04+1	< not sure if i will build these,
same reason as above but for focal.
samba_4.16.1+dfsg-3ubuntu0~22.04+1

The why not, vfs_uring needs kernel 5.1+

if you want sooner to 4.16.1
https://packages.debian.org/search?suite=bullseye-backports&arch=any&searcho
n=names&keywords=samba
Micheal (new samba debian maintainer)  provided already a backport.

so what's the difference compaired to mine and the debian-backports, not
much anymore.

last changelog.
samba (2:4.16.1+dfsg-3nmu1~deb11+1) bullseye; urgency=medium

  * Non-maintainer upload.
  * Rebuild from bullseye-backports.
    Please don't forget to enable Debian Backports for needed depends
  * d/rules, Add profiling-data build parameter
  * d/control, Enabled tracker-sparql-2.0 as build depend
    This enables support for Spotlight with Gnome Tracker Backend.
    Info
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Spotlight_with_Gnome_Tracker_Backend

 -- Louis van Belle <louis at van-belle.nl>  Mon, 09 May 2022 10:59:16 +0200

im not done with testing them, but if all goes as expected, these will be
online this week.
At least the debian Bullseye line, very soon now.

PS. Small side note,
just got a message from Michael, that the current backported samba does not
support SSSD yet.
fix soon, see debian bug #1010801

Greetz,

Louis