[Samba] NT_STATUS_INVALID_DOMAIN_STATE "The domain was in the wrong state to perform the security operation."

L. van Belle belle at samba.org
Fri May 6 13:06:26 UTC 2022

You have to add more info.

Server os  (Centos7) and samba version.  (?????)
Clients os (Windows XX) and samba version  (???? ) work.
Macos clients (samba ??? ) does not work.
and which program/how are you authenticating

but looks like someone is authenticating over SMB1/NTLM1

In samba servers and clients, set in smb.conf
min protocol = SMB2

optional other things to look at are.
# needed on the AD-DC that do the authorisation.
ntlm auth = mschapv2-and-ntlmv2-only
# but also needed on clients that are authentication.
ntlm_auth = "/path/to/ntlm_auth --allow-mschapv2

I hope I descripted that right.. :-/

Greetz,

Louis