[Samba] FW: How to determine DNS anomaly

L. van Belle belle at samba.org
Fri May 6 12:58:21 UTC 2022

Hai Rowland,

No, thats not oblicated.

You only see 127.0.1.1 if you installed the server with an DHCP ip adres.
If you configure a static ip at install, 127.0.1.1 will be changed to the
real ip.

127.0.0.53, is only the caching resolver, it has a few good and bad parts.

This is a decent one to read on it.
why use it..
https://developpaper.com/systemd-resolved-and-resolvctl-on-ubuntu-127-0-0-53
-nameserver/

Why not use it.
https://archive.fosdem.org/2019/schedule/event/dns_systemd_resolved/

Personly, I don't like netplan, I don't see why use for it on a server,
everything you can set,
can also be done in a systemd network file. ( like /etc/network/interfaces )

Now, If your using Ubuntu with desktop, then I recommend to use netplan.
simple because that's integrated in the desktop management tools.

So far,

Greetz,

Louis