[Samba] How to determine DNS anomaly

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu May 5 16:14:23 UTC 2022

On Thu, 2022-05-05 at 11:37 +0200, Hakim Liso via samba wrote:
> Hello, and thanks for your help
> I’ve just sent another mail according the dns anomalies.
> INTERNAL_SAMBA with DNS Forwarder 8.8.8.8 set on both in the
> smb.conf.

replying to 'askubuntu' where you have now posted.

When a DC is first joined to an existing domain there are numerous dns
records missing (you can see them in
usr/share/samba/setup/dns_update_list). When you join a new DC, the
resolv.conf must point to an existing DC, but after the join, you must
make the new DC use itself as its nameserver (use its ipaddress, not
127.0.0.1), have you done this ?

Rowland