[Samba] Problem with Samba 3 with Samba 4 AD-DC

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu May 5 15:23:12 UTC 2022

On Thu, 2022-05-05 at 12:11 -0300, Joní Kremer via samba wrote:
>  Good morning people, everything fine? I wanted to see if anyone
> could help
> me with the following problem: I have a samba version 3 file server
> running
> and working.. Now I have set up a UBUNTU 18.04 server with SAMBA 4 AS
> AD-DC.
> It is an activy directory - Domain Controller of my network..
>
> Question: How do I integrate Samba Server 3 with my file shares into
> my
> Samba 4 - active directory - Domain Controller.. Should I include
> some
> lines in smb.conf?
> How do I do that? I look forward to any help..
> Thank you    Joní

You say Samba server 3, but what version ?
3.0.x
3.2.x
3.3.x
3.4.x
3.5.x
3.6.x

Not that it really matters, they are all EOL. You could probably get it
working, but there really is no point, you will be better off upgrading
the OS (and Samba along with it).

To help you upgrade, we need to know:
What OS is the Samba 3 server running on ?
What is in the existing smb.conf ?

Rowland