[Samba] Samba printing problem with samba 4.15.X.

Peter Varkoly peter at varkoly.de
Wed Mar 30 10:58:18 UTC 2022

Am 2022-03-29 11:43, schrieb Rowland Penny via samba:
Hi Rowland,

> This is a Samba AD DC and you have set it up as a fileserver, this
> isn't really recommended, but if you do, you have to follow the rules.
> This means that you MUST set the permissions from Windows and the
> parameters you can set are very minimal. You also do not use a user.map
> on a DC, it breaks the existing Administrator to root mapping in
> idmap.ldb.
Thank you for the answer. This could help a litle:

When I add the printer via "Settings  > Devices > Printers & scanners >
Add a printer or scanner." it works fine.
Adding the printer in explorer via \\<servrer>\<printer> or via
"rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry" results in same error.

Now I've created a dedicated linux-printserver as AD-domain member.
Connecting the printern works fine but only the Administrator can set
the drivers.
The member of the group "Domain Admins" can set the driver on the AD
domain controller but get an error on this machine:

rpcclient printserver -N -A /tmp/07eac6247c401 -c 'setdriver test3
test3'
result was WERR_ACCESS_DENIED

The driver files will be copied, but the driver can not be set :-(
The user has the SePrintOperatorPrivilege too.

Regards
Peter