[Samba] [Announce] Samba 4.16.0 Available for Download

Michael Tokarev mjt at tls.msk.ru
Sat Mar 26 17:12:52 UTC 2022

We tried to build 4.16 on debian, and are having quite some issues already.

First, I had to remove _PUBLIC_ markers from all declarations in tdb.h and
talloc.h files, - in debian we package these separately in their own binary
packages, and when their header files are included in samba, _PUBLIC_ is
already #defined as visibility(hidden), so this clashes with the really-
public library.  It was really puzzling wrt the linker (ld) behavior.

Right now, I'm trying to deal with one missing symbol when dynamically
linking libwbclient.so: it misses hex_encode_talloc symbol since obviously
lib/util/util.o file is not included into the wbclient library link line.
Is libwbclient.so supposed to be buildable as shared library?

Thanks,

/mjt