[Samba] :Domain Join Fail with this error "NT_STATUS_CANT_ACCESS_DOMAIN_INFO" - (samba-4.15.4)

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Mar 17 12:30:26 UTC 2022

On Thu, 2022-03-17 at 17:45 +0530, EXZA Support wrote:
> Hi,
> Thank you for your reply,
>
> I used samba internal DNS. How do I update the DNS? and How do I fix
> this issue?

It isn't the dns that needs updating, it the AD dns schema that needs
updating. Before W2k3R2, AD used a different dns schema and when an
early Windows Domain was upgraded the dns should also have been
upgraded, but a lot were not and Windows was happy with this. However,
Samba AD insists on the later dns schema. Follow the info that Louis
posted.

Rowland