[Samba] Profile and home-dir permissions

Jürgen Echter j.echter at echter-kuechen-elektro.de
Tue Mar 15 20:57:16 UTC 2022

Hi,

i think this (Windows ACL):
 Domain Users*Read & executeThis folder onlyCREATOR OWNERFull controlSubfolders and files onlyDomain AdminsFull controlThis folder, subfolders and files

would achieve this.

Domain Users can Read & Execute the profiles dir, there you have user1, user2 and so on. These are the CREATOR OWNER's for their subfolder. So they can access //Profiles/ and enter their user dir, but not the dirs of other users.

Your Downloads, Documents etc are accessed like this \\smbfs\homedrives\user1\Downloads\. If i, user1, try to access \\smbfs\homedrives\user2\ i get access denied.

I do see all the user dirs if i only list \\smbfs\homedrives\ but i can only enter my own.