[Samba] Profile and home-dir permissions

Greg Sloop <gregs@sloop.net> gregs at sloop.net
Tue Mar 15 18:30:40 UTC 2022

Can someone refresh my memory?

I want to create the home and profile base/root directory, and then allow
"regular-users" to be able to create their home and profile directories (as
they login the first time) and then get full permission to those. (But they
wouldn't have permissions to other users home/profile directories.)

I think it's something like the folder creator gets full permissions, but I
honestly can't recall how to do that.

Any quick reference page somewhere? (Someone has to have created a Wiki
page, right? If not, remind me how and I'll write it.)

Assume I'm setting this from the Windows file permissions UI.