[Samba] Setting permissions on AD member file server

Greg Sloop <gregs@sloop.net> gregs at sloop.net
Tue Mar 15 16:27:03 UTC 2022

>  ( > greg )
>  > Do you mean -n/--no-mask [not -m - there is no -m switch]
>
>  No, there IS -m (see man setfacl )  -m = modify.

Well, yes and no.

setfacl -m g:"domain users":rx /abc-zfs-01/ad-shared-folders/shared-files
setfacl: Option -m: Invalid argument near character 3

You're right, there is a -m (it's further down in the man file, and I
didn't see it) but the syntax of that command is wrong. And when I did not
see the -m in the "options" section I assumed the -m was a typo.

I'll see what it's complaining about and if I can fix it. Since I'm not
entirely sure what you're intending to do, I am not sure I'll get it right
- and I know nothing of substance about setfacl.