[Samba] Trouble cross compiling samba 4.15.5 with glibc 2.11. Problem with samba-bgqd.c

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun Mar 13 23:55:50 UTC 2022

On Mon, 2022-03-14 at 10:29 +1100, Berto Furth via samba wrote:

> Do you think that if I raised a samba bug that there'd be any hope of
> getting this include statement added to samba-bgqd.c ? Can anyone
> suggest something else that might be more elegant to resolve this
> issue with compiling samba using glibc 2.11?

As a general rule, we don't include any system headers in our main C
files, we have headers in lib/replace that we include, so either
include the 'right' header from there or put the extra include, guarded
appropriately in a header there.

Then raise a MR I guess: https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Contribute

Andrew,

Solutions