[Samba] Setting permissions on AD member file server

Gregory Sloop gregs at sloop.net
Fri Mar 11 17:12:43 UTC 2022

See replies below...

But an update.
I've logged in as administrator, and still can't manage perms. [Same error )

I'm glad to re-gather all the details like smb.conf, etc (though really nothing has changed.)
What do you want/need to see?

Also. Louis, see my inline replies below.

> Hmm, found also something else..

> (* small hijack of this thread)..
> When i run :
> net rpc rights list privileges SeDiskOperatorPrivilege -U'ADDOM\Administrator'
> On a Debian 10 with samba 4.15.5 with smbd and winbind installed/setup
> I get back :
> Password for [ADDOM\Administrator]:
> SeDiskOperatorPrivilege:
>   BUILTIN\Administrators
> *( to Greg, yes, you can have ADDOM\Domain Admins) ,

> ADDOM\Domain Admins is member of  BUILTIN\Administrators
> * this is how i setup, not how wiki tells me.
> ** yeah, im bit strange..  ;-)

> Now, im installing a new server, based on the setup of the one i showed above.
> Only, i dont need smbd on it anymore so that now.
> A Debian 11 with samba 4.15.5 with winbind installed/setup.

> When i now run :
> net rpc rights list privileges SeDiskOperatorPrivilege -U'ADDOM\Administrator'
> Could not connect to server 127.0.0.1

> net rpc rights list privileges SeDiskOperatorPrivilege -S RTD-WEB2 -U'ADDOM\Administrator'
> Could not connect to server RTD-WEB2

> Thinking about this, i "might" be locical, since i dont have smbd installed/configured,
> Just, the error message is off in this case.. If im able i'll test that later on.

> So that aside..
> Back to Greg's problem.

> This should fix it.
> setfacl -m g:"domain users":rx /abc-zfs-01/ad-shared-folders/

Do you mean -n/--no-mask [not -m - there is no -m switch]

> If you cant enter the folder as user after that.
> Did you change the share security rights (* which is by default "everyone" )
> Then do check the current rights on :

> getfacl /abc-zfs-01

> getfacl /abc-zfs-01/ad-shared-folders
(I gave this in the OP, but here it is again. The getfacl of the folder I'm trying to manage permission on - among others)

# getfacl *
# file: shared-files
# owner: AD\\administrator
# group: AD\\domain\040admins