[Samba] Setting permissions on AD member file server

Greg Sloop <gregs@sloop.net> gregs at sloop.net
Thu Mar 10 18:43:53 UTC 2022

So, this is kind of odd.

Samba member server;
Ubuntu 20.04, with Louis' Samba packages. (4.15.5)
Went through setup as described in the wiki for member servers - all seems
fine.
SeDiskOperatorPrivilege is granted to Domain Admins too.

Initially I chowned the dirs/files as root:domain admins
and chmod 0770
getfacl shows:
# file: .
# owner: root
# group: AD\\domain\040admins
user::rwx
group::rwx
other::---

However,
When I try to set permissions from a Windows 10 machine, using windows file
explorer, I get this message:

"Failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access is denied."

I'm logged into the domain on the station where I'm trying to mod
permissions as a user that's a member of "Domain Admins"

---
smb.conf from the member/file server
---
[global]