[Samba] MacOS client suddenly can't open files

Andrea Venturoli ml at netfence.it
Thu Mar 10 07:41:15 UTC 2022

On 3/9/22 22:19, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 09, 2022 at 05:54:22PM +0100, Andrea Venturoli via samba wrote:
>> Hello.
>>
>> I've got a strange report, which I didn't have the chance to fully
>> investigate yet.
>>
>> A MacOS Monterey user works with Samba shares (on FreeBSD + Samba
>> 4.13.17), when suddenly she cannot open some specific files (which
>> change everytime): could be one specific file, could be all files in a
>> folder.
>
> What error message is returned ?

Wish there was one...
The user doesn't see anything.
Simply, double clicking a file in order to open it, does nothing.

I didn't have the chance to look into the client logs yet, but I've no
idea what to look for.

Server side, I didn't see anything strange in the logs.
Again, any suggestion on what to look for is welcome.

  bye & Thanks
	av.