[Samba] Feature Active Directory Recycle Bin

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun Mar 6 20:47:12 UTC 2022

Someone needs to diagnose the issue, fix it and write a comprehensive
testsuite.

For better or worse we don't really run a roadmap, mostly because we
don't want to raise false hopes for our users - our features are
developed by our user community, either directly or via Samba's
commercial support providers.

I hope this clarifies things,

Andrew Bartlett

On Thu, 2022-03-03 at 18:26 -0300, Anderson Sampaio Mello wrote:
> Thanks for the reply Andrew Bartlett.
>
> Do you know if it is one of the priorities to include the Recycle Bin
> feature from active directory in the next versions of samba?
>
> Em qui., 3 de mar. de 2022 às 18:16, Andrew Bartlett <
> abartlet at samba.org> escreveu:
> > On Thu, 2022-03-03 at 18:11 -0300, Anderson Sampaio Mello via samba
> > wrote:
> > > Does Samba4 support Active Directory Recycle Bin to recover
> > deleted
> > > objects
> > > and restore them to the tree?
> > >
> > > It's a useful feature.
> >
> > Not yet, and the script that claims to enable this actually does
> > the
> > opposite, if you enable it then the objects vanish faster (a
> > replication bug, happens with n > 1 DCs.)
> >
> > Andrew,

Solutions