[Samba] 4.15 windows ACL share. Not taking?

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Mar 3 18:54:23 UTC 2022

On Thu, 2022-03-03 at 09:33 -0800, Gregory Sloop via samba wrote:
> I should note that I noticed something pretty similar, I think.
> I was way less systematic about it, but there was something quite odd
> about the Administrator account and being able to access shares (or
> more accurately, NOT being able to access them.)
> In my case, it occurred with _both_ 4.15.3 and 4.15.5.
>
> And using another domain admin equivalent account "fixed" it. (Which
> was odder still.)
>
> I just figured I'd done something stupid and hadn't had any time to
> tinker or test to see why.
> Just thought I'd chime in as a "Yeah, I've noticed something odd
> too."
>
> It's totally possible that this isn't the same issue, and my problems
> are self-inflicted, but my feeling is that it's the same root
> problem.

I had been testing with Administrator and I had come to some
conclusions which I will not comment on for the moment, other than that
I could add Domain Users to both shares, one with and one without the
'acl_xattr:ignore system acls = Yes' line.

I have know attempted doing the same with two new shares, following the
information here:

I then logged in as a member of an admin group and attempted to add
Domain Users to each share, I cannot add anything to the share with the
'acl_xattr:ignore system acls = Yes' line, but it works on the other.

This gets stranger :-/

Rowland