[Samba] Leaking file descriptors in Version 4.13.17-Ubuntu

L. van Belle belle at samba.org
Wed Jun 29 13:23:19 UTC 2022

2 more things,

- If these are office files, play a bit with the oplocking settings.

- You can increase the file descriptors within the systemd service files if that’s a problem.
LimitNOFILE= 65536  # should be the default but checkit.  This might be 4096

The number of open file descriptors is limited by the physical memory available to the host.
You can determine this limit with the following command:
cat /proc/sys/fs/file-max

+ What Rowland said offcourse.  😉

Greetz,

Louis