[Samba] Multichannel and RSS Not Detected

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Sat Jun 25 16:24:31 UTC 2022

On Sat, 2022-06-25 at 09:55 -0600, Chris Dos via samba wrote:
> Upgrading to the Debian 5.16 did not help.  I did not try the
> aio_pthread as
> they said it would not work.
>
> It's strange Samba is not debugging why Multi Channel is not
> working.  Only
> thing I see in the logs is that the option is enabled:
> server multi channel support = yes
> Is there any kind of logging options that I'm missing that will
> provide me
> with what is going on?

I suggest you read 'man smb.conf', you have a lot of default settings
and some that do not make sense because you are not using SMBv1.

If you do read 'man smb.conf' under 'server multi channel support' you
will find:

This boolean parameter controls whether smbd(8) will support SMB3
multi-channel.

Now you have set 'client min protocol = SMB3' , but are you aware that
this refers to the client on the Samba machine and not any external
client ? There is another parameter 'server min protocol' which refers
to your samba server that others connect to and this defaults to SMB2.

Try setting 'server min protocol = SMB3' and see if that helps.

Rowland