[Samba] Samba crashes and won't restart

Alexander Harm || ApfelQ alexander.harm at apfelq.com
Tue Jun 21 22:33:26 UTC 2022

Hi Rowland,

you are right. The user dcadmin has the SID S-1-5-domain-500.

However, I cannot remember ever changing its name. Maybe this is a Windows thing? I did setup Windows not using the default Administrator but as dcadmin. It probably just took that username when setting up the AD later.

I renamed the user now to “Administrator”. Hope that helps.

I also removed the additional DNS-Server completely, so all DCs just point to themselves.

Thanks for all your input. I will monitor and come back if the issue occurs again.

Regards, Alexander