[Samba] Samba crashes and won't restart

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Jun 21 15:05:46 UTC 2022

On Tue, 2022-06-21 at 16:36 +0200, Alexander Harm via samba wrote:
> Nope. We have one main WinAD. The Samba DCs were joined to this Win
> AD which never had the user Administrator, never ever.

Are you sure about that ?
'Administrator' is one of the 'Well Known SIDs' and always has the SID
S-1-5-domain-500 . I think you may find that when the domain was
created that 'Administrator' was renamed.

> The setup ran fine for a couple of years now and still does on the
> other samba dcs…

If it works on other Samba DC's, then I would compare a working DC with
your non working DC.

> Should I add Administrator to de AD?

I would check if 'dcadmin' is 'Administrator' renamed (even if you
think it isn't), the RID '500' will confirm this, one way or another.

Rowland