[Samba] Kerberized-nfs4 home-dir stopped working

Kees van Vloten keesvanvloten at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 09:56:24 UTC 2022

Hi Andrew,

I did set "ms-DS-MachineAccountQuota: 0" and indeed only admins create
users. Is that a sufficient mitigation for the Dollar Ticket attack?

The other thing is I have smb-filesharing for Windows clients and
nfs-filesharing for Linux clients, currently on separate sub-trees to
avoid issues. I would like to consolidate those to one technology,
smb-filesharing.
But I do have some questions:

 1. Do I need the unix-extensions for Linux clients (I have disabled <
    smb3, i.e. cannot use unix-extensions at the moment)?
 2. Are there any thoughts about sharing a home-dir between Windows and
    Linux, currently nfs-home is at /home/<user> and smb (windows)
    home-dir is somewhere else?
 3. Is pam_mount the way to go to mount the smb-homedir at login? I
    could not find much on the Wiki.

- Kees