[Samba] Samba crashes and won't restart

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Jun 20 12:57:23 UTC 2022

On Mon, 2022-06-20 at 14:36 +0200, Alexander Harm || ApfelQ via samba
wrote:
> Hi, we have Samba (4.15.7-Debian) running on Debian as our domain
> controller.

Where did you get the Samba packages from and what version of Debian
are you using ?

> In the last weeks we suffer from frequent failures of the samba-ad-
> dc.service which is also not restarted automatically by systemd.

>From what you have posted, it looks like a 'child' is timing out and it
is that which is being 'killed', rather than the 'main' binary, so
systemd wouldn't restart the Samba DC.

I suggest you post your smb.conf and explain (if possible) what is
being done when the error occurs.

Rowland