[Samba] Samba's winbindd is running but seems non-functional.

Zombie Ryushu zombie_ryushu at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 20 00:30:26 UTC 2022

/tmp/.winbindd/pipe

    The UNIX pipe over which clients communicate with the |winbindd|
    program. For security reasons, the winbind client will only attempt
    to connect to the winbindd daemon if both the |/tmp/.winbindd|
    directory and |/tmp/.winbindd/pipe| file are owned by root.

$LOCKDIR/winbindd_privileged/pipe

    The UNIX pipe over which 'privileged' clients communicate with the
    |winbindd| program. For security reasons, access to some winbindd
    functions - like those needed by the |ntlm_auth| utility - is
    restricted. By default, only users in the 'root' group will get this
    access, however the administrator may change the group permissions
    on $LOCKDIR/winbindd_privileged to allow programs like 'squid' to
    use ntlm_auth. Note that the winbind client will only attempt to
    connect to the winbindd daemon if both the
    |$LOCKDIR/winbindd_privileged| directory and
    |$LOCKDIR/winbindd_privileged/pipe| file are owned by root.

I noticed that I do not have the /tmp/.winbindd/pipe file. What controls
it's creation? I do have the
$LOCKDIR/winbindd_privileged/pipe