[Samba] Debian Bullseye samba 4.16.1 online (amd64/arm64/armhf/i386)

Kees van Vloten keesvanvloten at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 10:07:51 UTC 2022

Hi Louis,

Thanks for clearing it up.

I do very specific pinning and installs because I want package changes
when I decide to upgrade (and since everything is coded in Ansible the
code runs pretty often).

My (generated) install command looks like this:

apt-get -y install libnss-winbind=2:4.16.2* libsmbclient=2:4.16.2*
libwbclient0=2:4.16.2* python3-samba=2:4.16.2* samba=2:4.16.2*
samba-common=2:4.16.2* samba-common-bin=2:4.16.2*
samba-dsdb-modules=2:4.16.2* samba-libs=2:4.16.2*
samba-vfs-modules=2:4.16.2* smbclient=2:4.16.2* winbind=2:4.16.2*
libtevent0=0.11.0* ldb-tools libldb2 python3-ldb libtdb1 python3-tdb
tdb-tools libtalloc2 python3-talloc

And the (generated) pinning file that comes along with it:

Package: libnss-winbind
Pin: release l=apt.van-belle.nl
Pin: version 2:4.16.2*
Pin-Priority: 1000

Package: libsmbclient
Pin: release l=apt.van-belle.nl
Pin: version 2:4.16.2*
Pin-Priority: 1000

Package: libwbclient0
Pin: release l=apt.van-belle.nl
Pin: version 2:4.16.2*
Pin-Priority: 1000

Package: python3-samba
Pin: release l=apt.van-belle.nl
Pin: version 2:4.16.2*
Pin-Priority: 1000

Package: samba
Pin: release l=apt.van-belle.nl
Pin: version 2:4.16.2*
Pin-Priority: 1000

Package: samba-common
Pin: release l=apt.van-belle.nl
Pin: version 2:4.16.2*
Pin-Priority: 1000

Package: samba-common-bin
Pin: release l=apt.van-belle.nl
Pin: version 2:4.16.2*
Pin-Priority: 1000

Package: samba-dsdb-modules
Pin: release l=apt.van-belle.nl
Pin: version 2:4.16.2*
Pin-Priority: 1000

Package: samba-libs
Pin: release l=apt.van-belle.nl
Pin: version 2:4.16.2*
Pin-Priority: 1000

Package: samba-vfs-modules
Pin: release l=apt.van-belle.nl
Pin: version 2:4.16.2*
Pin-Priority: 1000

Package: smbclient
Pin: release l=apt.van-belle.nl
Pin: version 2:4.16.2*
Pin-Priority: 1000

Package: winbind
Pin: release l=apt.van-belle.nl
Pin: version 2:4.16.2*
Pin-Priority: 1000

Package: ldb-tools
Pin: release l=apt.van-belle.nl
Pin: version 2:2.5.1*
Pin-Priority: 1000

Package: libldb2
Pin: release l=apt.van-belle.nl
Pin: version 2:2.5.1*
Pin-Priority: 1000

Package: python3-ldb
Pin: release l=apt.van-belle.nl
Pin: version 2:2.5.1*
Pin-Priority: 1000

Package: libtevent0
Pin: release l=apt.van-belle.nl
Pin: version 0.11.0*
Pin-Priority: 1000

Package: libtdb1
Pin: release a=bullseye-backports
Pin-Priority: 1000

Package: python3-tdb
Pin: release a=bullseye-backports
Pin-Priority: 1000

Package: tdb-tools
Pin: release a=bullseye-backports
Pin-Priority: 1000

Package: libtalloc2
Pin: release a=bullseye-backports
Pin-Priority: 1000

Package: python3-talloc
Pin: release a=bullseye-backports
Pin-Priority: 1000

Basically I have a list of desired versions:
   version:
     samba: "2:4.16.2"
     ldb: "2:2.5.1"
     tevent: "0.11.0"

Combined with list of the packages:
     vanbelle_packages:
       samba:
         - "libnss-winbind"
         - "libsmbclient"
         - "libwbclient0"
         - "python3-samba"
         - "samba"
         - "samba-common"
         - "samba-common-bin"
         - "samba-dsdb-modules"
         - "samba-libs"
         - "samba-vfs-modules"
         - "smbclient"
         - "winbind"
       ldb:
         - "ldb-tools"
         - "libldb2"
         - "python3-ldb"
       tevent:
         - "libtevent0"
     backports_packages:
       - "libtdb1"
       - "python3-tdb"
       - "tdb-tools"
       - "libtalloc2"
       - "python3-talloc"

Enables me to generate to apt-get install command as well as the pinning
file.

- Kees