[Samba] Why windows client is four times slower than linux client ?

Robert Marcano robert at marcanoonline.com
Thu Jun 16 12:32:33 UTC 2022

On 6/15/22 3:27 PM, jie wang wrote:
> Thanks the reply, I'm not copying the files to the local storage of the
> client. There are 3 computers, samba server, windows client and linux
> client, and copy files from windows/linux client to samba
> server's storage. The network latency is almost same between windows
> client -> samba server and linux client -> samba server.

Still affected by Windows reading the local files to send them to the
share. If I wanted to test the samba server without measuring possible
client filesystem issues, I would write a program that generates files
on the fly, instead of reading files from the local filesystem or use a
filesystem performance measurement tool that probably would do that.